Thursday, March 14, 2013

Perfection!

What is Perfection? This is something I have been thinking about lately. Google defines it as "the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects." It has been on mind because I truly believe that my daughter embodies perfection. It's okay to laugh at me and/or roll your eyes. I know I am that parent and I don't care. From the very inside of her soul to the tip of her head down to her toes I think she is perfect.There is not one single thing that I do not love about her. Some days she has a sassy attitude and may not make the best choices, but still I find her perfect - perfectly toddler. She is to me what I think God means when he calls us to have the heart of a child. It is pure as can be. She has a genuine concern for everyone around her. A child falls and she's the first one at the scene in her sweet voice asking, "are you ok?" And she means it. She is determined, patient, understanding, and beautiful. In my eyes, even when she is disobedient she is still perfect. The definition according to google says "as free as possible from all flaws." I think she is as free from flaws as possible considering she is a two year old discoverer and learner.

Now that I have bored you all and made you want to gag while I brag about my daughter I will get to my real point. My feelings of looking at my daughter and seeing perfection tends to make me feel very emotional and just filled with joy, awe, admiration, and love so much so that I can't possible imagine witnessing anything more perfect and it often brings me to tears. And.... that's when I started thinking about what it must be like to stand in front of God witnessing his perfection. While I see perfection in my daughter, we all know that physically it is not possible for her to be completely perfect, but God in fact is perfect. What kind of effect would that have on me when I get to heaven and see it first hand? Surely, it will be a much more emotional and awe inspiring experience than watching my two year old, but it is almost unfathomable. How amazing! What a thought! Nothing in the world could possibly compare and I really only can imagine such a thing as best as I can because I don't think there is anything truly comparable.

Anyway, I know it's kind of a random blog post and doesn't have much to do with anything specific. It was just a thought that really settled into my heart. I hope you read this and can look past the mommy bragging part and see what I see, which is the perfection of God.

1 comment:

  1. Made me think of God, the parent, looking at us! Just imagine! If we can see that much perfection in our little {or big!} sweethearts {in spite of themselves} just imagine how much love overflows from God's heart as he gazes at you! (or me!) (or any of his children!)

    ReplyDelete